World News

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle share final message as royals: ‘The work continues’


Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have shared a final message to fans ahead of their last official day as senior members of the Royal Family on March 31.

“As we can all feel, the world at this moment seems extraordinarily fragile,” the Duke and Duchess of Sussex said in a post on Instagram.

“Yet we are confident that every human being has the potential and opportunity to make a difference — as seen now across the globe, in our families, our communities and those on the front line — together we can lift each other up to realize the fullness of that promise.”

“While you may not see us here, the work continues,” the statement reads.

“Thank you to this community for the support, the inspiration and the shared commitment to the good in the world. We look forward to reconnecting with you soon.”

On Friday, it was reported that the couple had left Canada in exchange for life in sunny Los Angeles during the coronavirus pandemic, according to multiple reports and unnamed royal sources.

Although the couple had seemingly set up camp on Vancouver Island, they’re now settling in Markle’s home state, where mom Doria Ragland also lives, sources tell People.

The source also says the couple, including baby Archie Harrison, are living in a “secluded compound” and are hunkering down amid the COVID-19 outbreak.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex had been living in Canada since January after announcing their departure from their senior royal roles. All this time, they were making plans to move to L.A., the source says.

You should also READ  Lebanon vows to crack down on vandalism after week-long rioting in Beirut

“It was always their plan to eventually be based in California since their work life will be focused in the U.S.,” a source told Entertainment Tonight.

It was previously believed that the couple would permanently settle down in Canada, given Markle’s ties to Toronto after spending seven years living and filming her hit legal show Suits there.

The reported move follows news that Markle, 38, will be narrating the upcoming Disney+ documentary Elephant (set to release April 3). It falls in line with her and Harry’s passion for environmental conservation.


Source link

Tags

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Close
Close