Supreme Court fire caused by electrical fault-Akande

Ogunsakin Mustapha
1 Min Read

The fire incident that occurred on Monday morning was caused by an electric fault and only affected a chamber of the Apex Court.

This was confirmed by the Spokesperson of the Supreme Court, Mr Festus Akande. He said that the fire started around 7.30 am when some of the staff of the court were already within the premises. The staff on the ground were able to douse the fire with the fire equipment on ground.

Akande assured Nigerians that the documents of cases in the court, particularly as it relates to the Presidential Election Petition appeal are all intact and that the fire will not affect the works of the Apex Court. “Only few books and stationery were affected”, he said.

Dear readers, we really need your support to keep on serving you with authoritative, truthful, and juicy stories everyday. For your support, please reach out to the editor

Share This Article